Today, many people use a steam cleaner for carpets, since this device can greatly facilitate the cleaning process. The steam cleaner is ideal for cleaning upholstered furniture and even tiled floors. It is worth considering in more detail the principle of operation of the device, its varieties, in order to correctly choose the best option for cleaning carpets. From www.ontimesteamcleaning.com you can have the best choices available now.
What it is?
A steam generator or steamer is a device that is designed specifically for cleaning and disinfecting the surface of various materials. It works silently, is safe to operate, and also allows you to cope with dust mites. The steam cleaner includes the following main elements:
- Storage tank,
- Tubular electric heater (TEN),
- Power button,
- Flexible hose,
- Nozzles for various purposes.
When choosing the best steam cleaner, you should pay attention to manufacturers. Each steam cleaner from these brands is characterized by excellent quality and long service life.
To date, all steam cleaners can be divided into three groups.
Manual: This device is characterized by fairly compact size, easy to use.
Compact: It is presented in the form of a small vacuum cleaner, which has medium dimensions. The unit is easy to use, does not take up much space during storage and perfectly copes with its main task.
Vacuum cleaner: This is a very powerful device, which is characterized by rather large dimensions, high power and provides excellent results. It is worth paying attention that for this unit it will be necessary to allocate a separate place for storage.
In order to quickly and efficiently clean a carpet at home, it is worth using nozzles, which are presented in a wide variety. With their help, cleaning will be faster and easier. Any model of a steam cleaner can be supplemented with various nozzles:
- For processing floor coverings, for example, tiles or stone,
- For washing glass and mirrors, for example, can be used to clean windows,
- Nozzle in the form of a brush for cleaning plumbing elements,
- High power nozzle in order to clean the drains of the sewer system,
- The sprayer allows you to process home plants.
How does it work?
It is the hot steam that is responsible for cleaning the surfaces, which enters the unit tank by pressure. This steam can be used to clean various surfaces, even in hard-to-reach places. It not only cleans the surface but also disinfects it, while there is no need to use various chemicals. Water is poured into the steam generator, which after heating turns into steam, and already through the pipe comes out. When exposed to hot steam, the dirt practically dissolves before your eyes.
Pros and cons
The steam generator is already an indispensable assistant in many homes since it has many indisputable advantages.
- Easy to clean and versatile. The surface is cleaned quite carefully, so the steam cleaner can be used for various materials.
- Lack of traces and stains.
- Time-saving. With this equipment, the cleaning process is quite quick and easy.
- Getting rid of bad smells. Steam penetrates rather deeply into the fibers of the fabric, thereby allowing you to get rid of not only stubborn stains but also an unpleasant odor.
- Elimination of various microorganisms, including dust mites and other various allergens. Steam is one of the best disinfectants.
No need to use chemistry. Hot steam does not need to be added with chemicals, because it perfectly copes even with stubborn stains, therefore it is often used for cleaning carpets and rugs.